Location: Etobicoke, ON
Job Title: Director of Operations
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
The Tire and Rubber Association of Canada (https://tracanada.ca/) is the national trade association representing tire makers, rubber products manufacturers and importers as well as rubber recyclers and suppliers of goods and services related to the industry. TRAC helps shape public policy that supports tire and rubber industry innovation, performance, safety, and sustainability including end-of-life tire management.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the successful candidate will be a versatile individual with significant experience in tire data/statistical analysis and tire engineering. Experience in government relations would be an asset.
This position is responsible for assisting in the planning, coordinating and execution of member activities for an assigned portfolio of projects. The incumbent will also provide, on occasion, strategic advice and leadership on complex corporate and governmental issues and projects and will work alongside TRAC staff and industry colleagues to assist in the development of effective strategies.
Management of Tire Industry Data
- Collecting, aggregating, and reporting industry data for the Association’s member companies
- Analyzing data, extrapolating trends, and reporting within industry and to outside stakeholders
- Supporting internal projects and communications with related industry data
- Lead and direct discussions at meetings with members to create industry forecasts and related intelligence gathering
Member, Stakeholder & Government Relations:
- Develop and maintain positive relations with member companies, industry organizations, government partners, media, and other stakeholder groups
- Work in collaboration with Association staff to develop communications plans to leverage strategic industry and government partnerships
- Work in collaboration with Association staff to monitor and measure stakeholder and member activities to ensure they support overall objectives
- Engage with ISO through interaction with Technical Committee 31 and leadership of Sub Committee 6, which provides opportunity to collaborate internationally on standards and creates linkage between industry and stakeholders
- Work with staff to help support coordination and execution of annual events
- Initiate and respond to stakeholder and member partnership opportunities as appropriate
- Work alongside the President & CEO, and Manager, Communications to assist in the management and execution of proactive communications plans and strategies to enhance Association’s brand reputation and improve overall performance
- Provide insight and support to Manager, Communications in the development of Public Affairs and Communications projects/strategies to support initiatives and goals
- Support the response & resolutions of escalated industry issues as appropriate
- Serve as Association spokesperson on occasion in the event Manager, Communications or President & CEO are unavailable to fulfill media requests
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, technology, or a related discipline
- Significant (8-10 years) experience working in the tire industry or automotive sector, with experience in data analysis; government relations experience an asset
- Proven success in leading & managing technical initiatives and responding to changing and diverse stakeholder needs in tire/rubber manufacturing
- Experience working in a tire/rubber manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience building public affairs plans which are linked to the commercial priorities of the business
- Must have experience working with senior leadership and developing communications to internal and external audiences & proven ability to develop and build strong internal and external relationships
- Experience in issues management
- Strong writing, presentation, mathematical and business proficiencies
- Superior skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Excel
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in tire nomenclature, distribution, tire & wheel dynamics and tire engineering
Interested candidates can send their resume and salary expectations to [email protected].