Liberty Tire Recycling, the premier North American provider of tire recycling services, will release its inaugural environmental, social, and governance (ESG) report, describing company initiatives to advance sustainable products, accelerate environmental stewardship, engage people and communities, and operate responsibly in the locations it serves.
“Liberty Tire is committed to supporting a more circular economy by finding new and better ways to not only collect and recycle end-of-life tires, but to support innovation and new market development for recycled rubber products,” said Liberty Tire Recycling CEO Thomas Womble. “As this report details, we are making headway on critical ESG-related issues, and our ongoing focus on sustainable operations positions us well to meet our commitment to driving a greener tomorrow.”
Among other highlights in the 2020-2021 report, it includes that Liberty Tire Recycling:
- Collected more than 190 million tires across the U.S. and Canada, creating 3 billion pounds of rubber available for beneficial end-uses.
- Partnered with Bolder Industries to convert end-of-life tires into sustainable carbon black, petrochemicals, steel, and power.
- Raised more than $50,000 in donations to support families in need during the 2021 holiday season.
- Launched a hiring initiative, providing a second chance opportunity for 171 people with a past criminal record.
- Reported a workforce representation rate of 62 percent for inclusivity and diversity.
- Partnered with Performance Service Group, LLC, a veteran recruiting group, to create employment opportunities for men and women who have served in the U.S. armed forces.
“We’re determined to make the world a better planet; it’s at the core of what we do. Our long-term strategy for the development and implementation of sustainability initiatives includes a commitment to transparency,” said Amy Brackin, Liberty Tire Recycling Vice President of Sustainability. “This report will be the first of many that will allow our customers, partners and communities to track our progress toward goals of creating sustainable products, engaging communities, and acting as responsible stewards of the environment.”
Liberty Tire will release its inaugural report on Earth Day, April 22.
An advanced copy of Liberty’s 2020-2021 ESG report is available at https://libertytire.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Liberty-Tire-Recycling-2020-2021-ESG-Report.pdf.