Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc. is introducing a new commercial offering – the 716U™ ultra wide-base (UWB) – designed to decrease weight and increase profitability for fleets.
Available in size 455/55R225, the 716U UWB carries a load rating M (ply-rating 22) to help boost payload by reducing unsprung weight without compromising total carrying capacity. That means a larger payload capacity each trip.
“At Yokohama, we want to help commercial fleets reduce costs and improve productivity, in this case those in waste, recycle and on/off road severe service operations,” said Diana Colosimo, Brand Development Manager for Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc. “The new 716U™ offers reliable all-season traction and durable construction, while reducing overall vehicle weight and increasing payload.”
Other benefits of the 716U UWB include:
- Powerful zig-zag groove to evacuate water away from the tread and enhance traction and wet-weather grip.
- Funnel-shaped step grooves to prevent stones and other debris from reaching the bottom of the grove and damage the casing.
- Extremely durable casing with an extra thick sidewall to resist damage from hitting potholes or curbs. It also increases retreadability.
- Advanced compound that resists scrubbing, cutting and chipping, thus extending tread-life.
- Zero-degree belt that adds stability for a stable footprint and long, even wear.
Source: Yokohama Tire