At CES® 2024, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT) unveiled the latest tire in the ElectricDrive™ family: The Goodyear® ElectricDrive™ 2, an all-season electric vehicle (EV) tire enhanced with sustainable materials1, improved rolling resistance2 and long-lasting tread life to maximize drivers’ EV performance. The new ElectricDrive™ 2 is the latest step in Goodyear’s sustainability maturity and contains at least 50% sustainable materials per tire by weight1, 3.
According to recent consumer EV research conducted by Goodyear4, maintaining a quiet ride and wet road performance are the top two features that EV owners look for when considering a tire. To meet drivers’ needs, the ElectricDrive™ 2 features SoundComfort Technology®, a built-in sound barrier that helps reduce interior vehicle noise and an asymmetric tread pattern that provides confident handling for wet or dry road conditions.
“With the continued adoption of EVs, we want to meet consumer and market needs with an updated EV replacement tire,” said David Reese, vice president, Product Development, Goodyear Americas. “We know EV drivers prioritize performance and a more-sustainable tire. The ElectricDrive™ 2 was designed with at least 50% sustainable materials, a focus on providing greater traction and maintaining a quiet ride.”
This all-season tire will be available beginning May 2024 in the U.S. and come in 17 sizes designed to fit today’s leading and emerging consumer EV sedans and CUVs, including the Tesla Models Y, 3 and S, Ford Mustang Mach-E, Chevy Bolt, Audi Q4 e-tron and many more.
The ElectricDrive™ 2 is equipped with the following features and benefits:
- SoundComfort Technology® foam inserts that help reduce the level of interior vehicle sound.
- At least 50% sustainable materials1, 3, including the use of soybean oil in the tire’s construction, rice husk ash silica and sustainably sourced natural rubber.
- Asymmetric tread pattern that is optimized to improve grip and responsiveness on wet and dry roads.
- Long-lasting tread compound, designed with resilience in mind to help EV drivers get more miles out of their tires.
- Aerodynamic sidewall and innovative compound that lowers aerodynamic drag and enables lower rolling resistance2.
The ElectricDrive™ 2 will be available for purchase in May 2024. For more information about the ElectricDrive™ 2, please visit www.goodyear.com or contact your local Goodyear authorized dealer.